PPE Selection and Managing Workplace PPE Programs
- Personal Protective Equipment. Centers for Disease Control (CDC), National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH). Contains links to PPE related topics such as eye protection, hearing protection, skin exposures and protective clothing.
- Recommendations for Chemical Protective Clothing Database. National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), (February 1998). Provides chemical protective clothing guidelines for chemicals listed in the NIOSH pocket guide.
- Personal Protective Technology Program. National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), (June 2017). Evaluates and improves equipment worn by workers and develops interventions to protect them from hazards.
- National Personal Protective Technology Laboratory (NPPTL). Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH). Focuses expertise from many scientific disciplines to advance federal research on respirators and other personal protective technologies for workers. Also features links to PPE related topics.
- Personal Protective Equipment Compliance Guide. The University of Alabama. Provides information to employers working toward compliance with certain provisions of Subpart I of 29 CFR 1910.
- OSH Answers Fact Sheets: Designing an Effective PPE Program. Canadian Center for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS). Gives an overview of designing a personal protective equipment (PPE) program.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Chemical Hazards Emergency Medical Management (CHEMM). Provides a number of resources for managing an effective PPE program.