Supports efforts of underwriting department including but not limited to processing submissions, policies, and endorsements; assisting underwriters in efforts to write and maintain accounts; on-going service during the term of policies; acting within laws, rules, regulations, carrier underwriting guidelines, company policies, and best practices; and assisting agents with problem accounts.
- Receives, reviews for completion, and enters submissions into the company’s management system as received from agents.
- Requests documentation from and follows up with agents.
- Processes binders and policies requested by retail agents.
- Helps agents with problems on accounts.
- Supports positive relationships with agents by providing good customer service.
- Maintains files according to company policies and procedures.
- Prepares policy changes, amendments/endorsements, and cancellations as directed by underwriters.
- Assists underwriters as requested.
- Uses judgment and independent working skills to accomplish departmental objectives.
- Performs other essential functions as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of insurance.
- Ability to take direction from others.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- At least 2 years of experience working in the insurance industry.